Situated on the western bank of the Chao Phraya river, Wat Prayoon is one of the less popular temples of Bangkok, yet not one to be avoided.
Wat Prayurawongsawas, commonly known as ‘Wat Prayoon’, was built in 1828 as a monastery by the Royal Finance and External Affairs Minister, Chao Phraya Phra Klang (Wikipedia Article), a descendant of the Persian Bunnag clan. He turned his personal coffee garden into the monastery garden itself, only to be transformed four years later into a royal monastery by King Rama III, and it bears the current name ever since. The temple is actually a family temple of the powerful Persian descendant Bunnag clan.
Source from – thousandwonders.net